Monday, January 3, 2011

You Already Are a Mother

"Making the decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside of your body." --Elizabeth Stone

When a woman becomes pregnant for the first time, she is forever changed. There is nothing in a woman's life experience that will quite compare to carrying a child in her womb and parenting. From the moment one knows that she is pregnant, all of a woman's life begins to transform. Every decision takes into account this new baby growing inside of her, she begins to love and bond with the baby--and these feelings just intensify as she feels the baby's movement and her belly begins to grow. As a woman who has experienced miscarriage, you already are a mother. This is not often said, nor are women comforted as if they had a child die. However, this is what the pain feels like for some women. The proof is in the profound grief that many women experience after a miscarriage. Many women do not feel like they "deserve" to be a mother yet, if they haven't been able to carry a child to term. Remember that there is not one path to motherhood--women that have adopted or fostered children, are mothers; women who have had to use IVF to assist them or use a surrogate are mothers. You were a mother the moment you chose to get pregnant for the first time. With the decision to have a child, the surrender to motherhood is already inherent.

You are now on the path of pregnancy. Whether you are a mother for the first time or are going to be a mother to multiple children after this baby is born--your life, as you know it, will be altered. Motherhood is an absolutely amazing experience--full of joy, exhaustion, frustration, fun, and tenderness. It is a miracle to be a part of the life of someone else in such a special role. If you have chosen to be a mother, and don't yet have a child, it can help to find little ways to acknowledge your motherhood. How can you acknowledge your motherhood, even if the world hasn't yet? What does being a mother mean to you? What unique gifts will you bring to your child? Is there a symbolic way that you can remember your lost child and be reminded of the fact that you already are a mother?

If I haven't given birth to a child yet, please help me to see that I am still a mother. I have carried a child in my womb and felt its loss deeply. I am already a mother and have been forever changed by this experience. Help me to recognize my unique gifts as a person and mother that I will share with this baby. Help me to find a gentle way to acknowledge to myself that I already am a mother, even if the world doesn't yet. Please bless this pregnancy.

1 comment:

  1. Good news to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solutions. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr James, a herbal practitioner who helped me to cure Hiv virus, i have suffered from this disease for the past 5 years and I have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine Dr James sent to me to drink for about 14 days . 3 days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested Hiv negative. all thanks to God for leading me to Dr james who was able to cure me completely from this deadly diseases, I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr James because I got to know him through Mr KELLY, who he cured from Hepatitis B. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance or silence and don’t let that illness take your life.Dr James has cures for diseases like BIPOLAR DISORDER,..DIABETES,NEPHROTIC SYNDROME MOUTH HERPES, MOUTH CANCER , MUSCLE ACHES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER, PENILE CANCER, BREAST CANCER, PANCREATIC CANCER, VAGINAL CANCER, CERVICAL ILLNESS, POLIO DISEASE, ALZHEIMER, BULIMIA DISEASE, COMMON INFLAMMATORY DISEASE CYSTIC FIBROSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, CORNEAL ULCER, EPILEPSY, FETAL ALCOHOL SPECTRUM, LICHEN PLANUS, INFERTILITY, SHINGLES, BADRONOLE DISEASE, CHEST DISEASE / AIDS, AND BEHAVIORAL, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, TUBERCULOSIS LOW SPERM COUNT, ECZEMA, DRY COUGH, ARTHRITIS Contact Dr James through  email address  DRJAMESHERBALMIX@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete